If you are in the pet industry, it’s likely you have heard of Jill Rappaport. Sure, she has been a correspondent on the TODAY show for 20 years. But it was three years ago that she changed her focus to pets, and since then she has done a lot to make a difference for animals. The change was spurred when her dog Jack was diagnosed with bone cancer and she chronicled his illness for the show.
In those three years Jill started the “Bow to the Wow” segment on TODAY, where shelter dogs are given makeovers and new homes. She keeps viewers in the know about the latest health trends for pets. She has even written FOUR books, one of them a best-seller, called “People We Know, Horses They Love”. In other words, Jill has been busy.
To recognize her efforts and her dedication to animals, we have chosen Jill Rappaport as the recipient for the prestigious “Excellence in Journalism and Outstanding Contributions to the Pet Industry Award”. Jill will be joining the ranks of past recipients like Ellen DeGeneres, Dr. Marty Becker and Victoria Stillwell.
Jill will be joining us down in Orlando on March 1st for The Purina Media Reception during Global Pet Expo to receive her award personally. We look forward to honoring her and the great work she has done.
Plan, Plan, Plan
Before you arrive in Orlando, there are a few things you can do to prepare, so you get the most out of your trip and meet all your business objectives.
Make your reservations early. Hotel information is available on our website, and we recommend booking early. Here is the link: http://globalpetexpo.org/hoteltravel.asp
Know your goals. Which vendors do you want to see? What merchandise do you need to order at the show? Which product launches are most relevant to your business? Know what you want before you go into the show, so you know you are meeting your objectives and making the most of this opportunity.
Check the online interactive floor plan and exhibitor list to choose which booths you are going to visit and plan your way around the show.
You’re Here, Now What?
The most current show guide will be given to you when you arrive. Look it over and make your plan so you can get to all the booths you want to see.
Bring comfortable shoes. Global Pet Expo is huge. You don’t want anything to slow you down.
Leave extra room in your suitcase for all the stuff – product samples, brochures, show swag – you are sure to come away with.
Have plenty of business cards on hand. Global Pet Expo is a great networking event, so be ready to make those connections!
Make sure to take advantage of Global Pet Expo’s live streaming Twitter and Facebook updates. Monitors will be placed throughout the show floor and press room so you can have your messages instantly displayed to attendees.
Keep track of the orders you make so you are sure to stay within your budget.
Take advantage of any specials or discounts on products you know you need.
Don’t be afraid to introduce yourself. At Global Pet Expo everyone is riding on the positive energy, and everyone loves meeting other people who understand this industry. So get out there and make some new friends!
Global Pet Expo is the largest trade show in the pet industry. In 2011 Show there were more than 3,000 new products launched, nearly 5,000 buyers and 835 exhibitors present, as well as pet industry celebrities like Cesar Milan and Victoria Stillwell. In other words, it is the hottest pet industry event of the year and you don’t want to miss it.
Here are the top reasons to attend Global Pet Expo 2012:
Exhibitors use Global Pet Expo as a launching pad for their new products. If you want to be the first to see the newest trends in the pet industry, you will find them all at Global Pet Expo.
The pet industry’s largest networking reception happens at the Global Pet Expo. In addition to walking the trade show floor and interacting with buyers and exhibitors, there is a networking event help for everyone to mingle and make connections.
The Pet Industry Breakfast. APPA President Bob Vetere will be there to give his insight into the pet industry over a delicious breakfast. It’s a great way to start a long day of walking the trade show floor, and is a unique opportunity to hear firsthand where the pet industry is headed.
The Pet Industry Breakfast will also present the Retailer Excellence Awards. Come see which retailers are leading the way in the pet industry.
Meet the people you do business with. Global Pet Expo is your chance to build relationships with others in the pet industry through face-to-face meetings with other qualified buyers and exhibitors.
Educational seminars are available to retailers, which will give you an edge as you prepare your business for the coming year.
Global Pet Expo now has a company page and specific groups for exhibitors and buyers on LinkedIn,. We invite you to connect so that you can follow us, and join important conversations surrounding the pet industry.
Global Pet Expo is a great opportunity to connect, network and meet new people. But since the Show only takes place once a year, it is easy to lose touch with those you met during the week. We created the Buyer and Exhibitor groups on LinkedIn as a solution to this problem. Through the groups attendees will be able to reconnect or get in touch with people they didn’t get a chance to be introduced to during Global Pet Expo.
The groups’ main purpose is to foster professional discussion about the latest developments within the pet industry, keep everyone connected and build those relationships that began during Global Pet Expo. LinkedIn provides a unique forum where we can focus the conversation on the professional, business side of our industry.
Global Pet Expo Company Page:
Global Pet Expo Exhibitors Group:
Global Pet Expo Buyers Group:
Buyers, if you attend only one pet products trade show this year, make it
Global Pet Expo! Find everything that you need, especially:
Pre-registration is available until February 10, 2012, 5pm ET!
Registration is free for all qualified buyers!
Previously qualified buyers are assigned a unique Username and Password that may be used to register without providing any additional proof of business. Follow the link below for "Buyer Account Login". Perhaps others from your company have qualified previously, but you have never attended. They have the ability to register you without repeating the qualification process by using their Username and Password.
Email addresses are NOT shared with any third party! They are used solely for the purpose of sending your Registration Confirmation and providing important Show Updates.
New Buyers must be prepared to submit two (2) required proof of business. New Buyer Account Qualification is not complete until you have received a Registration Confirmation. Incomplete proof of business will delay qualification.
Proof #1 - MUST be a wholesale invoice for pet products purchased in quantity from a manufacturer or distributor for resale. Invoice must be a minimum of $250.
Proof #2 - May be any one of the following options - Click Here
For more information on buyer registration, please visit http://globalpetexpo.org/buyer/registrationinfo.asp
The 2012 Exhibitor Prospectus contains the following:
If you are interested in exhibiting at the 2012 trade show, you must meet the following requirements:
What you will see:
1. 900 TOP Pet Product Manufacturers – Find all the products to keep your business vital and growing.
2. More than 3,000 new products launched at the show.
3. Your vote counts to determine the “Best In Show” at New Products Showcase.
4. Don’t miss “What’s New!”, a special section for first time exhibitors.
5. Discover emerging trends at the first show of the new year.
6. The Boutique at Global Pet Expo boasts aisles of glitz and glamour.
7. Everything Aquatic is swimming with exciting new products and trends for the Aquatic World.
8. The Natural Pet at Global Pet Expo has the latest, premium natural, healthy, organic and environmentally friendly products for pets today.
Who you will meet:
9. Take advantage of face-to-face encounters to develop valuable relationships and learn about the products.
10. Meet new suppliers and renew relationships with known suppliers.
11. Network with other qualified buyers.
Added-Value and Savings:
12. Free registration for all qualified buyers.
13. Retailer Idea Exchange provides retailers a unique opportunity to network and swap ideas.
14. The Pet Industry Breakfast will feature APPA’s President Bob Vetere who always provides valuable insights about the pet industry and the HABRI Initiative.
15. Take advantage of discounted hotel rates. Maps and on-line reservations available at www.globalpetexpo.org/housing. Book early for the best selection of hotels and rates.
16. Follow the buzz about Global Pet Expo on Facebook, Twitter and on our smartphone mobile site.
17. A premier line-up of educational seminars available to retailers.
18. Attend the pet industry’s largest networking reception.
Service You Get:
19. Plan your time using valuable tools like the interactive floor plan and exhibitor list to search by product and/or by exhibitor.
20. Badges will be sent in the mail to all domestic buyers registered by February 3, 2012 and international buyers registered by January 6, 2012.
21. Monthly Buyer Alert Emails with valuable industry news and show information.